LatBAN invites all business project authors to apply for a monthly Investment Session by September 10, 23.59. Please fill out an application form at the private investor platform Gust on website www.latban.lv.
The submitted project applications will be reviewed and the teams will be invited to participate in the selection phase on September 13. They will meet LatBAN experts and present their business projects. After project presentations teams will receive consultations in following sections: product, sales, team and finance.
The most promising teams will be invited to present their business projects to private investors on September 29 at the Investment Session at the Riga Business School.
As a support, when receiving private investment, is a co-borrowing program in cooperation with Altum, thanks to which the business project can receive required 60% of the investment as a loan, which is 150,000 euros, for production companies even 250,000 euros. In this combination Business angels reduce their investment risk by investing the remaining 40%. As a warranty for this loan is a private investor’s participation in the business project, no additional pledges or guarantees needed.
When looking back to the activity of the Latvian Business Angel Network (LatBAN) and reviewing collected statistics of investment, we can surely say that in Latvia it’s easier to attract private investment for business projects in their early stages than in the rest of the world, for example, America. In Latvia this statistic is even 4x higher.
The Latvian Business Angel Network is a private investor association, which currently gathers 76 investors. We are holding Investment Sessions every month where new companies present their business projects and qualify for private investment. In addition to funding in business projects investors invest wise money - they share their knowledge, time and contacts, thus helping to develop the project faster and more successfully.